Both of the kids are at such a fun age right now that we just want to do all the things with them this summer! And with sister’s “gotcha” day right around the corner, I feel like we should celebrate all summer long!
There are so many fun things to do in Houston with kids so I thought it would be a great idea to put a list together in case ya’ll are creating a summer bucket list too!
Houston Family Friendly Summer Bucket List
- Lagoonfest Texas – Relaxing on white sand beaches and turquoise water and only a short drive away? Ummm, yes please! As you may have seen we already crossed this place off of our bucket list last week but there is a high chance we will be back! Although there are many activities for bigger kids and adults to do like the aqua park, huge water slide, kayaks and more I still found the majority of the lagoon super toddler friendly. You can read more about the place here.
- Children’s Summer Series at Studio Movie Grill – Landon (& Brandon) love going to the movie theatre and they haven’t been since December 2019! We def have to take the whole fam. $6 a ticket gets you a movie, small drink and a popcorn!
- Dr. Seuss Experience – Here until August 15th!
- Beach Day At Galveston – The kids could play on the beach all day long which means Mom and Dad can relax a bit so we are definitely taking a beach day soon 🙂
- Astros Game – We gotta take sis to her first Astros game this summer
- Bayou Wild Life Zoo– This is a short drive away in Alvin. Here, the kids will get to check out a petting zoo and take a safari ride to see the other animals.
- Splash Pad Day With Friends – so many fun splash pads, so little time! Here are a few we love: Monroe Field Splash Pad, Pirate’s Bay, Levy Park, Discovery Green.
- The Nature Playscape At The Arboretum – A new playscape with things for the kids to climb on and explore! Plus there are kid friendly “hikes”.
- The Crocodile Encounter – Okay, I am putting this on here because I know the kids would really enjoy this! Mama might be waiting in the car for everyone LOL. This place will get you up, close and personal with the crocodiles! There is also a zoo where the kids can see other animals.
- Get A Special Sweet Treat at Brain Freeze – There are so many unique dessert places in the Houston area but if mama is going to see the crocodiles I get to pick the dessert spot LOL! I have been craving Brain Freeze since I last had it 2 years ago. They have delicious and Instagram worthy treats!
- Houston Zoo – Sis loves animals so we will definitely be spending a day (or 2) at the zoo this summer!
- Mini Staycation – Ya’ll know the Weaver family loves a good staycation! Our favorite local kid friendly hotels are The Woodlands Resort and Marriot Marquis Downtown.
- Skating Rink Date – Ever since we saw Disney on Ice, the kids have been asking for skates and on top of that Landon’s neighborhood bestie has skates so he is constantly reminded that mama hasn’t bought him skates yet, haha.
- Space Center Houston – I’ve lived in Houston for over 10 years and I have never been! The kids love playing with their space themed sensory bins so I know they will love this experience!
- Berry Picking & Flower Picking – There are so many places to berry and flower pick in the surrounding Houston area. Here are a few: Dewberry, Froberg’s, Moorehead’s & P-6 Farms
- Waterpark Day – We willingly partake in all of the water activities with the Houston heat! Here are a few nearby options for waterparks: SplashTown, Typhoon Texas, Schlitterbahn & Palm Beach at Moody Gardens
So this is our own personal, summer bucket list but there are so many things in Houston and the surrounding areas to do with kids so if you have something on your list I don’t have on mine, please share! I’d love to hear!