This post is done in partnership with Walmart+.
The kids love baking and even though it can get really messy in the kitchen when my little sous chefs are involved it is the best feeling seeing them so excited to help cook!
Today I am sharing an easy Fall inspired cupcake recipe that you and your kiddos will love!
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED FOR PUMPkIN PATCH CUPCAKES:
- 1 Box cake mix (check back of box for additional ingredients you will need)
- Green Frosting
- Frosting Tip
- Milk Chocolate Icing for filling
- 1 sleeve of Oreos
- Candied Pumpkins
- Cupcake Liners
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Prepare cake batter based on recipe instructions on box
- Line cupcake pan with liners and fill them a little over halfway with cake batter
- Bake cupcakes according to box instructions and allow them to cool
- Once cupcakes are cool, scoop out a small circle on top of each cupcake
- Fill each cupcake with milk chocolate icing
- Crush Oreos- you can do this in a bowl but I placed our Oreos in a Ziploc bag and let the kids “hulk smash” them!
- Top your milk chocolate icing with Oreo crumbs for the “dirt”
- Ice the remaining edge of your cupcake with green icing for “grass”
- Top your cupcake with a candy pumpkin and ENJOY!
I grabbed all of these items using my Walmart+ membership which is $12.95/month or $98/year. With the amount of time my Walmart+ membership has saved me from having to go into the store, I have already gotten my money’s worth!
You will save 1.5 hours a week by getting your weekly groceries with free same-day delivery from your local Walmart store (savings based on 2 store trips per week. Excludes time spent shopping online. $35 minimum order and restrictions apply). We also get benefits like member prices on fuel, mobile scan & go and Rx for less*!
Let me know if you try this recipe!
*Not available in all states. The program is not insurance and cannot be combined with insurance.