This post is done in partnership with Walmart.
Ya’ll know I love being festive any chance I get but you also probably know that more times than not, I do things last minute. That’s why my Walmart + membership always comes in clutch! Not only does it save me time by not having to go into a store but depending on what you need and how fast you need it, Walmart+ offers a variety of delivery and shipping methods. I was able to get my order within 2 hours from my local store after I placed my order online.
If you guys haven’t signed up for the Walmart + membership yet, you can still take advantage of the 15-day free trial. If you decide to sign up after the free trial is over, the membership is only $12.95/month or $98/year.
You will save 1.5 hours a week by getting your weekly groceries with free delivery from your local Walmart store (savings based on 2 store trips per week. Excludes time spent shopping online. $35 minimum order and restrictions apply). We also get benefits like member prices on fuel, mobile scan & go and Rx for less!
Now what mama doesn’t want to save time and money and also look like Mom of the year to your kids when you whip up this red, white and blue dessert like you’ve been planning it all week LOL!
Star Spangled S’Mores
I like festive but I also like easy so if you are anything like me, you’ll love this super quick and easy dessert for the 4th of July!
Ingredients For S’mores
- 19 marshmallows
- Sprinkles in red, white and blue
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 8×8 glass baking dish
- Graham crackers
How TO Prepare Marshmallows
- Preheat over to 450 degrees
- Line baking sheet with wax paper
- Gather your 19 marshmallows (you’ll need 5 blue, 6 red and 8 white), toothpicks, a paper towel, and the sprinkles
- Skewer a marshmallow with a toothpick, quickly dip marshmallow into a small bowl of water, dab on the paper towel, hold over a bowl and cover completely with red sprinkles. Repeat with other colors
- Let marshmallows dry for at least 15 minutes
- Once dry slightly cover some kitchen scissors with butter and cut each marshmallow in half, washing the blades clean between colors
How To Prepare S’mores
- Pour the 2 cups of chocolate chips evenly into baking dish
- Place 9 blue halves in the top corner (cut side down)
- Continue to place the “stripes” of red and white, 3 red marshmallow halves, 3 white, 3 red, 6 white, 6 red, and 6 white. You will have a couple of halves leftover
- Bake in the oven for 7 to 9 minutes. Just until the tops of the marshmallows start to brown. Serve with graham crackers and enjoy! Best served warm. 😊