Today I am sharing 5 fun things you can do around Houston right now that are family friendly and will allow you to still social distance yourself from others! I am truly enjoying these days at home with my little family but some days, I’m like “get me outta here” LOL. If you can relate, read on!
5 Things To Do In Houston While Still Social Distancing
- Go Fishing – Landon’s been asking for a real fishing pole. I keep thinking he’s going to forget about it but every time we drive past a body of water he reminds me I haven’t gotten him one yet! Here is a list of fishing spots around the Houston area.
- Explore Nature At The Houston Arboretum – See all hours of operation here along with details about the different trails you can take. These little minds are so curious these days, I think any toddler would love walking the dirt walking trails and seeking out different animals and plants. Here is a PDF you can print out to do a self guided scavenger hunt.
- Drive In Movie Night – I have not been to the drive for many, many years! Like the high school days! But omg I think Landon would have a blast watching a big screen from the car eating popcorn and all the yummy snacks. Check out all the showings at The Drive In At Sawyer Yards.
- Drive Through Zoo or Safari – Ya’ll I was so excited when I saw that you can feed the Zebras at Franklin Drive Through Safari but saw it’s 2 hours from Houston! It’s a 300 acre drive through safari filled with exotic animals! I might have to convince Brandon to take the drive there soon! But have no fear friends, there is a bit of closer option to Houston and it is Bayou Wildlife Zoo. It’s 80 acres and also drive through. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen someone post a zebra when they visited too. We are planning on going this weekend so I’ll let you know LOL.
- Go To The Beach – Last but not least, go to the beach ya’ll! I mean I know it’s not crystal blue waters over here but the sound of the ocean and toes in the sand is good for the soul! Bonus points if you can make it out on a weekday. That’s when Landon and I like to go and there’s like no one there 🙂 but we have gone on a Sunday before and even with a lot of people everyone was really respectful of distance and we were so far away from everyone. Landon had a ton of fun running in the sand, throwing his shield like a frisbee and building sand castles!
I hope this list gave you one or 2 new ideas! The pictures in this post are from P6 Farms last month. They are closed for the Blackberry and Sunflower picking season but will reopen for Fall festivities so I’ll be sure to do another Houston activity round up then!