Today I am partnering up with Walmart to share our cold season essentials and what we have learned works for Landon when he feeling is under the weather. These things have proven to work for us but every child is different so if any questions, always consult with your child’s physician.
I remember the first month that we enrolled Landon into daycare. Literally that whole month I feel like he could not keep him from catching whatever was being brought into daycare that day. He got sick, I got sick, he got sick, I got sick. Ugh! That was not a dance I wanted to continue to do! So, of course, as a newbie Mom would, I was calling his pediatrician every other day (she was probably regretting telling me to call her if I had any questions) and googling everything! I am so thankful I finally found things that worked for our sweet boy!
8 Essentials To Care For A Sick Toddler
1. Vick’s Cool Mist Humidifier – The cool mist humidifiers are preferred over warm mist humidifiers because cool mist shrinks the nasal passages, making it easier to breathe, versus heat swelling the already sensitive nasal passages. We use ours during nap time and bed time. Also, the version we have can double as a night light.
2. Zarbee’s Soothing Chest Rub– This petroleum free rub has eucalyptus, lavender and beeswax. Made with naturally soothing ingredients. We rub this lightly on Landon’s chest, back and bottom of feet when he seems to be super congested. I was laughing so hard when I took the picture below because clearly Landon knows the drill.
3. NoseFrida – I’ve talked about the NoseFrida product before in this blog post! This snot sucker sounds gross and looks gross too, lol, but really this thing works so great! It works way better than the old school nose bulb looking thing that our parents had to use on us!
4. Zarbee’s Cough Syrup & Mucus – I have become a huge fan of the Zarbee’s products. I give this cough syrup with organic agave syrup and english ivy leaf to Landon when he has a bad cough and you can hear that mucus build up. This cough syrup helps clear mucus and calms coughs.
5. Zarbee’s Soothing Saline Mist with Aloe – This Soothing Saline Nasal Mist safely & gently moisturizes, cleans, & helps flushes out noses. This moisturizing mist with gentle aloe contains no harsh ingredients.
6. Puff’s Plus Lotion Tissues – I used to use regular wipes and boogie wipes to wipe my toddler’s running nose. Although those both work amazingly for everyday boogs, having a damp cloth on your face a hundred times a day when you are sick and not feeling well does not feel really great so I decided to swap those out for the Puff’s Plus Lotion Tissues that get the job done, are dry and do not leave your child with an irritated nose because they are so soft.
My last 2 essentials are things that I started giving Landon to build up his immunity system and keep it strong. I have seen a major difference with his less common colds. Mama even started taking Elderberry!
7. Zarbee’s Immune Support and Vitamins – If I hear someone is sick at school or a party we just left, or if I feel like I am getting sick or if we are hopping on a plane, Landon is getting some of this! Baby Immune Support + Vitamins delivers with 200% daily value of vitamin C plus other essentials.
8. Zarbee’s Elderberry Immune Support– This also comes in liquid form but when I give the gummy ones to Landon he thinks he’s getting like a gummy bear treat so I’m gonna roll with it LOL. Elderberries have long been used in food and drink for their immune-supportive properties. The Zarbee’s Elderberry Immune Support delivers with a extra concentrated burst of elderberry extract plus vitamins.
So there you have it friends! The 8 essentials that help us care for our sick toddler can all be found on Walmart.com or at your local store! Do you use any of these products on your kids? What other items are a must have in you medicine cabinet?
Shop the medicine cabinet essentials below: