Happy Wednesday loves!
I have had a lot of people ask me who my photographer is and I laugh when I answer “my husband”. Every once in a while I am fortunate enough to work with a photographer and sometimes I can even bribe my sweet friend Nicole with brunch, but yes it’s true that the Mr. takes the majority of my blog photos. He never really cared to be credited or anything like that.
Well, that was until last week when Old Navy posted one our photos. SO SO exciting!! And all of sudden he was like “you didn’t even mention me in that post!” LOL. That guy….
Today I am sharing some pros and cons of having a photographer who is also your husband.
- No need to prep for a full on photoshoot each time. We can take outfit photos “on the fly” when we are on our way to an event or even church
2. You don’t have to pay him
3. You have your photos instantly
4. He will capture the most genuine smile and laugh. I don’t know about you guys, but my husband says the most ridiculous things when we are shooting.
5. He will make you feel like the prettiest thing on this earth even when you aren’t feeling yourself that day.
1. He won’t tell you that your necklace was backwards the entire time…because he doesn’t even notice.
2. When you ask “does my arm look awkward?” or
“how should I stand?” you get the same answer. A shrug because he has no idea what you define as an awkward arm and doesn’t really care how you stand as long as the shoot gets wrapped up quickly.
3.You have to go through a trillion photos to pick the ones you want to use because you realize your husband never.stopped.shooting. Seriously, I’ll find photos where I’m fixing my hair because it got stuck to my lip gloss, photos when I’m fixing my undergarments and the best ones are where when he asks me “are we almost done?” and then captures the sassy look on my face. 🙂 Clearly the answer is no.
There are definitely more pros than cons in this situation. I truly do love working with my husband. Not only does it allow us to spend more time together, but it creates so many memories too!
Who else shoots with their hubby? I would love to hear a funny story!
Thank you so much for reading!
**Sponsored Post: This post was done in collaboration with Zaful. As always, thoughts and opinions are my own.