Still waiting on that Houston cold front! Until then, long sleeve rompers it is. 🙂
As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I was in California for work and I got to see some of my family while I was there. That’s what inspired me to write this Fall Florals and Filipino Facts post a couple of weeks ago. The night before my company’s photoshoot I decided to wash my hair (miracle I know!) and as I was going to bed with my hair still wet my Mom looked at me and said, in her stern voice, “you are not going to bed with your hair wet are you?!”
Then I remembered what she had always told us growing up, “if you go to bed with your hair wet you’re going to wake up blind!”
As we reminisced and laughed about the fact that she told us that all the time growing up and the fact that clearly I don’t listen 🙂 it inspired to write today’s post. A shout out to my brothers and sister in laws for helping me narrow down some of our Mom and Dad’s other famous sayings.
- If you go to bed with your hair wet you’re going to wake up blind.
- When you go to visit a family or friends baby for the first time you have to give it money for good luck.
- If a bird poops on you that means some good things are coming.
- Don’t put your purse on the ground or it will give you bad luck financially.
- When you start your menstrual cycle take 3 steps. This will ensure it only lasts 3 days.
- If someone hits you on your back while you are making a silly face (like your tongue sticking out) your face will stay like that. OMG, cracking up right now. My brothers actually told me that one. Probably when I was being the annoying little sister that I was LOL
It’s funny the things our parents tell us. Sometimes it’s to make you do things you don’t want to do as a child (like dry your hair) and sometimes it’s so you don’t start freaking out crying when something happens. The bird poop for example. I’m sure that was to stop me from having a meltdown in my pretty new dress in the Kmart parking lot, but hey it worked!
I would love to hear some of the things your parents (or siblings) told you growing up. Please do share! I would love to hear!
**Sponsored Post: This post was done in collaboration with Zaful. As always, thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.