Happy Monday Friends! I hope you all had a great weekend!
I had a fun filled weekend enjoying a mini birthday staycation with my best friend and then yesterday baby Weaver and I went to celebrate Simplicity and Coffee’s precious little girl’s 1st birthday! So basically birthday celebrations all around! 🙂
So….last week I got a spray tan and when I woke up the next morning looking like a bronze goddess :), I thought to myself, “being tan makes me so happy”. LOL. I started to think about all the little things that make me happy and I wanted to share them with you along with this vibrant dress that I can’t help but smile when I wear it!
Shop this look:
Obviously there are things that make me the happiest in life like my family, my hubby, our sweet son, etc. but this list is full of the random little things. Some might make you LOL.
20 Random Things That Make Me Happy
- I love, love, LOVE being at the beach. Seriously, I could sit there and being doing nothing for like 5 hours and be completely content.
- A nice tan LOL- I mean if I could just be at the beach all day then I would stay tan and I would be the happiest girl in the world.
- When it’s girl scout cookie season.
- Eating out- seriously why does this make me so happy? Maybe it’s because I don’t have to cook or clean up.
- Snail mail. I love getting letters and cards in the mail!
- Good coffee
- Baby Weaver’s laugh
- A new outfit. Preferably one that I got under $50 then I really feel good about it.
- Going to church- This should be a no brainer but there are some days that internally I’m looking for any excuse to stay home and nap but then I always end up going to service and am so glad I did!
- Spring time!
- When baby Weaver cries because I hand him off to Brandon. LOL #sorrynotsorry. It’s his secret way of telling me he loves me more 🙂 Just kidding babe! But not really.
- Matching my outfit to baby Weaver’s.
- Lighting a yummy candle after the house is freshly cleaned. It doesn’t count if the house isn’t spotless. If the house is a mess that candle means nothing to me.
- Having lunch with friends. Just laughing and catching up on life always gives me all the feels!
- When people message me on social media or email me about the blog. You guys, seriously…this makes my whole day!
- Being on an airplane. Because usually that means landing somewhere new.
- Having friends over. Something about serving your loved ones and making sure they leave your house with a smile is seriously one of the best things ever.
- Fresh flowers. Me to Brandon: “When is the last time you bought me flowers?” Brandon to me: “You buy yourself flowers every other day.” #truth 🙂
- Dreft. OMG, no lie I tried to wash one of my loads with Baby Weaver’s detergent the other week. Why did my clothes not come out smelling like his? I even tried using baby lotion one day, wearing my clothes and then washing them in his Dreft and still…nothing. I don’t think it works that way. You just have to be a baby.
- Being in bed with the whole Weaver clan. Hubby, baby, Tex & Cali.
- Finding the perfect gift for a friend to give them for no reason at all.
- Washed hair. You would think I would actually do this more but nah. I love the feeling of freshly washed hair but I also loved the feeling of not having to wash it, haha! The struggle.
- Seeing a stranger randomly help an elder person. My parents live in California so I often think if my Mom or Dad needed help loading their groceries into the car that someone would stop and help them too. Not that I am calling you elderly Mom 🙂 I’m just saying if that day was ever to come, I would hope someone would lend a hand. 🙂
My point here is, there are so many small things we can do weekly, daily even, that could brighten up our moods. Try making a list even if it’s small things like mine. This way you can treat yourself to one of them when your day isn’t going as planned! I, my friends, will definitely be getting another spray tan this week 🙂 And if you want to share a random thing that makes you happy, comment below!
Wait…before I forget, did you all see the new Opal House collection at Target?! Swoon!! Add that as number 26 of things that make me happy 🙂 I shared on stories last night what bedding I will be getting. I’ll def snap a photo once it arrives and I get in set up in the guest room!
Photos by Banavenue Photography