I almost said “happy Monday” 🙂 … Happy Tuesday friends!
I know most of you have been shopping like crazy! For others and maybe even for yourself. Maybe in a fairytale, far off land someone is putting all of their shopping at a halt. But not here. #cantstopwontstop 🙂 so if you are like me I am sharing 5 ways we can at least save some money while shopping online.
Shop this look:
- Add items to your “wish list”- This way you will get emails alerting you when the price has dropped on your item. Note- be sure you have an account set up so that the retailer can track your wish list items and send you those alerts.
- Put something in your cart and leave it there- You guys, so many times have I done this to get a discount. Horrible, I know but this girl is just tryin’ to save a dolla! Not all retailers do this but a lot of them do. If you put something in your virtual cart and leave it, there is a high chance that you will get an email within a couple of days stating something like, “you left something in your cart, take 20% off on us”. They will usually honor the discount for a short period of time like you have to purchase it by the end of that day so if you really want it be sure to snag it when you get that discount email.
- Always check coupon sites for promo codes- I always do this even when shopping in store. Check Retailmenot.om, Coupons.com, or Groupon.com for discount codes.
- Follow your favorite brands and retailers on social media- So many times they will share exclusive discounts on their social media page that you won’t see anywhere else
- Search the product elsewhere- If I find something that I love somewhere I always do a web search to see if I can get it somewhere else cheaper. Another retailer may be offering a discount code or free shipping that the other is not. Another thing to take advantage of is price matching. For example, Nordstrom is one of my favorite retailers. If I find an item on another site for cheaper I always go back to Nordstrom and ask their online customer service to price match. That way I can get free shipping and my Nordstrom points if I choose to use my card.
Bonus Tip: sign up to be on a retailers email list when they offer you a discount to do so. This way you can use your “new customer” discount on top of your coupon code.
Do you guys use any of these tricks? What are some of your money savings hacks? I would love to hear! We gals gotta help eachother out 🙂
Photos by Banavenue Photography