It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Well almost…Nordstrom Anniversary sale is literally right around the corner and would we even be friends if we didn’t talk about it and prepare for it together?!
First things first, WHAT”S THE BIG DEAL ABOUT THE ANNIVERSARY SALE?
Yes, my shopaholic self (yes, I said it!) talks about sales all the time but what makes the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale the mothership of all sales is that unlike regular sales where they are marking down “old” product, the Nordy’s Anniversary Sale gives us major markdowns on BRAND NEW products guys! And when I say major markdowns I’m talking about upwards of 70% off on brands like Vince Camuto, Tory Burch, Rebecca Minkoff, Adidas, Nike, Free People, Topshop and so many more! I mean yes it might seem crazy purchasing pre Fall and Winter items in the middle of summer, but if you are wanting a new pair of boots or know that your going to need a new coat and some denim this Fall, you want to take advantage of the anniversary sale.
WHEN DOES THE SALE START?
- July 11th- Level 4 card members get to pre-shop the sale (in stores only)
- July 12th- early access starts
- July 20th- sale opens to the public
- August 5th- sale ends and all items go back up to full price on August 6th
HOW TO SHOP SMARTER:
I don’t want you to spend all of that hard earned money on things you won’t wear so here are some tips on shopping the anniversary sale:
- Nordstrom Rewards Membership– If you want early access to shop the sale, you need to have a Nordstrom credit or debit card. If signing up for another credit card doesn’t sound appealing to you, don’t worry! I feel you! You can get the Nordstrom debit card to gain early early access. This card is linked to your checking account and still gives you the early access perks the Nordstrom credit card gets you!
- Scan Your Wardrobe & Make A Shopping List– The best way to keep yourself from buyers remorse is to know what items you need in your closet. It’s easy to get caught up in a sale so taking note of what you actually need is the best thing to do. You’ll actually walk out of the store with purchases you feel good about rather than buying 4 purses when you actually needed a leather jacket, boots or new denim.
ITEMS TO WATCH FOR:
Items to watch for is different for everyone, but I would recommend taking advantage of the great basic items like denim, shoes, coats, etc. that you know you will need for Fall and get a lot of wear out of them. Also, beauty items. These brands are very rarely on sale so snag them up at a discounted price when you can!
As you all know I just finished up my No Shop June challenge so I spent a lot of time scanning my closet and making a list of things I really needed. Here are the top 5 categories I will be shopping during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale:
1- Work Wear
5- Baby’s Clothes (because duh!)
You can check out the rest of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale catalog here.
We will actually be out of town the first day of early access (so sad!) but I will be adding my first round of Nordstrom Anniversary Sale picks here so be sure to check back in! Once those orders start arriving I’ll be adding and updating my favorite sale finds here on the blog and Instagram @style_lynn.
Also, be sure to check out Monday’s post here for a chance to win a Nordstrom gift card!
As always, thank you all so much for shopping my links and supporting this little blog of mine! I appreciate you!! Let me know if you guys have any questions!